So...we're well into December now...is everyone ready for Christmas!? I'm definitely not. I love this time of year, but its hard to believe how quickly the calendar fills up. I have most of my shopping done, but there are still a few things I need to get. Up until now, my shopping has mainly consisted of ordering from Amazon...now I'm to the point that I have to venture out into the crowded malls! My goal is to have everything I need by Saturday...and then use the free time I have on Sunday to get everything wrapped! Wish me luck with that!
In the meantime, I thought I'd pass some time with this fun Christmas survey!
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?? Generally I'd choose hot chocolate. I've tried doing egg nog on my own & it just isn't as good as when my mother in law makes it!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Well, not having kids yet, this isn't really an issue...when I was a kid Santa presents were always unwrapped & set up (never in the boxes!). I imagine this is what we'll eventually end up doing!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored lights outside on our house, white on our tree inside!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope! I don't think we need it! :)
5. When do you hang your decorations up? This year we got started on the day after Thanksgiving, and finished with our tree about a week later!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Hmmm...this is a tough one! Going by last year, I think it's got to be the prime rib that my mother in law makes...soooo amazing!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I have so many!!! One is definitely when we would do Christmas morning breakfast...every year my grandparents would come over & have breakfast with me & my mom, and then we'd finish opening presents. Also, having another Christmas at my dad's house was always awesome...he used to have 2 trees set up. One upstairs, one downstairs. We would do presents upstairs and then head downstairs for our stockings!
8. What is on your Christmas Wishlist? this year it's pretty random! It includes: Fitbit Ultra, a new iPod, sleep mask, hot pads (since our sweet Bella pup has destroyed the ones I had!)
9. Do you open a gifts on Christmas Eve? Not usually
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We have a color scheme of gold, red & white. Lots of fun glittery ornaments, and we're starting to collect some special ornametns as well!
11. Snow? Love it or dread it? Love it up until January! I always want a white Christmas!
12. Real tree or fake tree? Fake tree...pre-lit. We used to do a real tree, but eventually the convenience of the fake one won out for us. We supplement the smell with my scentsy!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? How can I pick a favorite gift!? I really don't know!
14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? Time spent with family and friends. Remembering why we celebrate CHRISTmas at all!
15. What is your favorite Holiday dessert? hmmm....good question. I don't know that I have a specific favorite that we always have...I really like trying new things though (both making & tasting!)
16. What is your favorite tradition? For the longest time, we've had our stockings hung up all month long and every now & then we'll put things in them, like a little mid-month surprise! That's been a very fun tradition to have!
17. What tops your tree? a beautiful lit star
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? I really enjoy taking time & finding the perfect gift to give people
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Sacred - O Holy Night. Secular - Baby It's Cold Outside
20. Candy canes, yuck or yum? Yum...especially the cherry flavored ones!
21. Favorite Christmas Movie? Wow...a lot actually... A Muppet Family Christmas, Love Actually, Just Friends, The Holiday, The Santa Clause, White Christmas, Four Christmases, Fred Claus, Meet Me In St Louis
22. What do you leave for Santa? Again...no kids yet, so nothing as of now!
23. Do you have a Christmas morning tradition? Usually the pups wake us up bright & early. We go down for coffee & sticky buns. Then we do a little Christmas with just us & my mom. Our day always ends up being busy...my dad's in the middle of the day and then to my in-law's house for the evening!
24. Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall? I usually end up doing a mixture of both! Online is much better when you know exactly what you want. The mall is perfect when you're just browsing & looking for something that catches your eye.
25. Christmas letter or Christmas card? Cards...although I haven't done them in a couple of years.